Product information "VMware Workstation 17 Player"
VMware Workstation Player is an ideal utility for running a single virtual machine on a Windows or Linux PC.
Enterprises use Workstation Player to deploy managed corporate desktops, while students and educators use it for learning and training.
VMware Workstation Player is an optimized desktop virtualization application
That runs one or more operating systems on the same computer without rebooting. With its simple user interface, unmatched operating system support and portability, it is now easier than ever for IT professionals to deliver an enterprise desktop to their users.
With the paid license for VMware Workstation Player, you can use this product for commercial use.
- The best way to learn more about virtualization, operating systems, containers, Kubernetes, or the VMware ecosystem
- Choose from hundreds of supported guest and host operating systems
- Now supports Windows 11, 10, and major Linux distributions
- Run VMs together with Hyper-V, WSL2, Device Guard and Credential Guard features of Windows
- Improved 3D graphics support for DirectX 11 and up to 8 GB of vGPU memory
- Create, push, pull and run OCI container images with the vctl CLI
- Run constrained virtual machines created with Workstation Pro or Fusion Pro
- Continue to run Windows XP or Windows 7 in a virtual environment on modern hardware
- Purchased licenses allow compliance with EULA for running in a commercial environment
Comparison between Workstation 17 Player & Workstation 17 Pro
|Creating new VMs||✓||✓|
|Create and run numerous VMs from a central UI||✗||✓|
|Create large VMs (32 CPU, 128 GB RAM)||✓||✓|
|Converting PCs to Virtual Machines with VMware Converter||✓||✓|
|Support for bulk deployment||✓||✓|
|Host/guest file sharing||✓||✓|
|One-click SSH to Linux VM||✓||✓|
|Running VMs in different display modes||✓||✓|
|Unity view (Windows guest users only)||✓||✓|
|3D graphics with support for DX11 and OpenGL 4.3||✓||✓|
|Large graphics memory: 8 GB||✓||✓|
|Support for 4K, 5K and Retina displays||✓||✓|
|Support for a wide range of virtual devices||✓||✓|
|Support for USB smart card readers||✓||✓|
|USB 3.1 device support||✓||✓|
|Support for auxiliary devices||✓||✓|
|Support for multilingual keyboards||✓||✓|
|Virtual TPM device (Trusted Platform Module)||✓||✓|
|Virtual NVMe device||✓||✓|
|Support for Microsoft virtualization-based security (guest)||✓||✓|
|Virtual TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) - vTPM||✓||✓|
|UEFI boot support||✓||✓|
|Support for UEFI/Secure Boot||✓||✓|
|GPU sandbox renderer||✓||✓|
|Create/manage encrypted VMs with fast encryption||✓||✓|
Host operating systems
|Windows 10 and Windows 11 hosts||✓||✓|
|Linux: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, RHEL, SUSE, openSUSE||✓||✓|
Guest operating systems
|Support for over 200 operating systems (Linux, older Windows versions, BSD)||✓||✓|
|Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP, and other guest operating systems||✓||✓|
Specific functions for Windows hosts
|Windows 10 and Windows 11 hosts||✓||✓|
|DX11 rendering engine||✓||✓|
|Support for Hyper-V mode (Device Guard, WSL 2)||✓||✓|
Specific functions for Linux hosts
|Vulkan rendering engine||✓||✓|
|Host support: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, RHEL, SUSE, openSUSE||✓||✓|
|Command line operation: vmrun and VIX||✓||✓|
|Easy deployment of vCenter Server Appliance||✓||✓|
|vctl CLI for containers||✓||✓|
|Adaptation of virtual networks (NAT, renaming of networks)||✗||✓|
|Simulation of virtual networks (packet loss, latency, bandwidth)||✗||✓|
|Connection to vSphere/ESXi server||✗||✓|
|Power control of remote vSphere hosts||✗||✓|
|Creating linked clones||✗||✓|
|Creating complete clones||✗||✓|
|License for private use||✓||✗|
How do our prices come about ?
The basic principle of the software trade is the art of omission.
- by quantity bundling
- Opening of delivery and storage fees through virtual merchandise management.
- Direct imports
- Long-term relationship with distributors.
- Low profit margin, main priority at Blitzhandel24 is the valuation as well as the growth of the customer base.
- A central and lean administration.
- Quantity purchases from authorized suppliers/distributors.
- Elimination of high marketing investments, as we respond to the needs of our customers in a targeted manner and can therefore safely implement the concept of ''advertising through references''.
Is the quality therefore worse?
We promise our customers excellent quality. The prices do not affect the quality in any way, our customers get tested verified products. In addition you have with Blitzhandel24 a security up to 20,000€ over Trusted Shops as well as a legally safe Shop, by EHI Prüfsiegel.