Product information "Western Digital Blue Desktop SATA 500GB"
Western Digital completes its award-winning desktop and mobile storage lineup with WD Blue PC hard drives
They've been extensively tested and engineered with WD's high standards in mind. Rely on WD Blue.
Boost PC performance
Combine a higher capacity drive with an SSD to boost your desktop's performance and storage capacity. The SSD maximizes data access speed, while the WD Blue drive stores up to 6TB of movies, games, files, applications, and more.
Upgrade and backup with ease
WD hard drives come with free access to WD Acronis True Image. Backup and restore features make it easy to store and retrieve your personal data without having to reinstall your operating system.
A unique classic
WD Blue drives are designed and manufactured with the technology found in WD's original, award-winning desktop and mobile hard drives. WD Blue sets the standard for storage in daily use by consistently delivering improved performance over previous generations. At the same time, WD has maintained quality and performance for more than six generations. The difference is that our colors never fade from generation to generation.
NoTouch ramp loading technology
Places the recording head safely outside the hard drive surface to protect your data.
Calculates the optimal seek speed to reduce power consumption, noise, and vibration.
Data LifeGuard Advanced
Advanced algorithms continuously monitor your drive to keep it in optimal condition.
We test on hundreds of systems, configurations, and a variety of platforms in our FIT Lab™ so our customers can be confident that our drives are suitable for their systems. That way, you get the highest level of compatibility. With WD Blue, you can use our drive with confidence, knowing that our storage enhancements, such as NoTouch™ Ramp Load technology, are proven and reliable solutions for everyday use.
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Formatted Capacity: 500,107 MB
- Advanced Format (AF): Yes
- Frame size: 3.5 inch
- RoHS compliant: Yes
- Data transfer rate (max.): Buffer operations to host: 6 Gb/s / Host operations to/from drive (continuous): 150 MB/s
- Cache (MB): 32
- Speed (rpm): Class 7200 rpm
- Load/unload cycles: 300,000
- Uncorrectable read errors per bits read: <1 in 10
- 12 V DC +/-10 % (A, peak): 2
- Average power consumption (W): read/write 6.8 / idle 6.1 / standby/hibernate 1.2
- Temperature (°C): Operating 0 to 60 / Standby/Hibernation -40 to 70
- Shock (G): Operating (2 ms, write) 30 / Operating (2 ms, read) 65 / Idle (2 ms) 350
- Noise level (dBA): Idle 29 / Search (average) 30
- Height (inches/mm, max.): 1.028/26.1
- Length (inches/mm, max.): 5.787/147
- Width (inches/mm, +/- .01 inches): 4/101.6
- Weight (kg/lb, +/- 10%): 0.99/0.45
How do our prices come about ?
The basic principle of the software trade is the art of omission.
- by quantity bundling
- Opening of delivery and storage fees through virtual merchandise management.
- Direct imports
- Long-term relationship with distributors.
- Low profit margin, main priority at Blitzhandel24 is the valuation as well as the growth of the customer base.
- A central and lean administration.
- Quantity purchases from authorized suppliers/distributors.
- Elimination of high marketing investments, as we respond to the needs of our customers in a targeted manner and can therefore safely implement the concept of ''advertising through references''.
Is the quality therefore worse?
We promise our customers excellent quality. The prices do not affect the quality in any way, our customers get tested verified products. In addition you have with Blitzhandel24 a security up to 20,000€ over Trusted Shops as well as a legally safe Shop, by EHI Prüfsiegel.